Benefits of Social Media Marketing and Social Signals for your Business
Social media has become a significant part of the daily lives of almost everyone today. In fact, research has revealed that over 70% of internet users today engage in social media daily, and at least 135 minutes per day is spent on average by each user. It is hardly surprising that top businesses leverage social media as an essential part of their marketing strategy.
Savvy brands are leveraging the different social media platforms to market their products and services as they recognize that social media marketing is not an option anymore. Social Signals are some of the most effective tools today you can create when using social media for your business. Social signals are the valuable pieces of information that allow businesses and brands benefit from social media platforms. In turn, this information improves the ranking of your business website. Social signals are especially important today with the ever-changing nature of Google’s algorithm. Here we consider different ways businesses can benefit from social media marketing and maximizing the use of social signals.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- Increased Brand Awareness - Does your business already have a good Website? Being active on and within your social media presence(s) will strengthen your brand and the awareness around it. Actively engaging your target audience on social media is a cost-effective way to increase your business visibility and syndicate content. By providing engaging content on your business social media platforms, your business becomes more accessible to potential customers. As each social media post is shared, a new network of possible customers will find these posts and get to know about your business better.
- Improved Search Engine Rankings - While an active social media presence will increase your brand recognition and widen your reach outside your loyal customer circle, more effort is required to enjoy significant success. Search Engine Optimization is the most efficient way to drive traffic to your website, provide an appropriate response to search engine queries, and achieve high page rankings for your website. Although Google’s algorithm cannot be perfectly determined and social media does not directly increase your website’s search engine rankings, it is still seen to improve the search engine rankings especially for those who have been using social media for their business for a year or longer. Since people normally find their answer on the first page of search engine results, they may not navigate past the first page. Hence, it would only be ideal for your business website to be ranked towards the top of the search engine rankings. Creating thoughtful, high-quality content will give you the opportunity to rank higher, establish more traffic to your website, and deepen your brand awareness. With content such as blogs, business information, infographics, and relevant photos, your business social media platform will become very credible and trustworthy.
- Get Higher Conversion Rates to Your Site, Blog, and more - Ultimately, as you create good content, and share it, your visibility on your social media profile(s) will improve. This will create more opportunity to convert your social media browsers to website browsers, and give you the added possibility of turning that unknown lead into a prospect for your business. Every post may direct visitors to your website and increase the traffic. The humanization factor is another significant element of social media marketing. By interacting and developing strong relationships with potential customers through the sharing of engaging content, posting of relevant photos, and commenting, your brand is more personified. Since people prefer doing business with real people rather than companies, it is only logical to build strong connections with your target audience increases the credibility and trust of your business.
Benefits of Social Signals for Your Business
Although there is a "no follow” feature of any kind associated with social signals, it is of real benefit to businesses today. Here are a few of these benefits.
- Increased Domain Authority - Social signals improve the overall authority of a website. It also increases domain authority. This particularly makes sense because social signals have proven to be a direct indicator of website popularity.
- Increased Traffic - Ranking your website well on search engines is a great way to increase brand recognition and awareness. Monitoring your social signals from your company’s social media platforms is an ideal way to know just how much traffic your website is attracting. The more likes and shares you receive on your content, the better your performance assessment on the level of your progress. This is an indicator of how much value your content has – it leaves enough room for improvement.
- Establishing Valuable Social Links - If social links originate from big social media platforms that are Google-friendly, they have great authority. Every engaging post on your social media platform that directs viewers to your website can attract your targeted consumers to your business. To get started, it would be ideal to ensure your landing page is well optimized so the increased traffic is maximized to capture customers.
Conclusively, the social signals you receive from the content you share are indicators that provide valuable insights into the thoughts of your potential customers. It indicates the level of acceptance every post you share has – a cost-effective way to appraise your marketing strategy to ensure only the right content is shared.
As much as social media is connecting different people and their invaluable ideas, it is a great resource for your business. By leveraging the social media platforms – and indeed social signals, you would be able to drive traffic to your website, increase your brand awareness, and make great sales.
If you would like to understand more about how social media marketing for your business can help expand your reach to your prospects and clients, feel free to contact Mixed Media Ventures, and one of our Digital Marketing consultants will be happy to have an educational discussion with you and your team. We can be reached at [email protected], 888.980.8170, or use the form below to speak to someone today.
Jack Brandt is President of Mixed Media Ventures. In his 18 years in the online (Internet) space, he has worked with organizations of all sizes, with one employee to 50,000+ employees consulting them on how to grow their businesses and help their clients/customers achieve their online goals. He's worked for some of the top Internet companies of their day, and some you've never heard of. In every case, Jack has helped his clients to achieve their online goals with unique solutions that helped them generate new revenue streams. He now leads Mixed Media Ventures and helps businesses with their Digital Marketing efforts, helping them generate leads, prospects, and clients.
Custom Web Development
Portal Development Services
Progressive Web Apps
Website Maintenance Services
Marketing Automation & Lead Generation
Complex Database Driven Websites
Speak to a Team Member
Get hold of Mixed Media Ventures and speak to one of our Digital Media Consultants today. We'll have someone contact you shortly after you reach out to us.