30+ Important Mobile Stats You Should Know

by | Jan 14, 2017 | Blog, Mobile Industry

  1. Over 36% of mobile subscribers use iPhones or iPads to read email and 34% of subscribers only use mobile devices to read emails. (Informz)
  2. 80% of internet users own a smartphone. (Smart Insights)
  3. 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine. (Smart Insights)
  4. 33% of consumers start mobile research with a branded website. (Smart Insights)
  5. 26% of consumers start mobile research with a branded app. (Smart Insights)
  6. Apps account for 89% of mobile media time, with the other 11% spent on websites. (Smart Insights)
  7. Tablet devices account for the highest add-to-cart rates on e-commerce websites at 8.58%. (Smart Insights)
  8. Over 50% of smartphone users grab their smartphone immediately after waking up. (ExpressPigeon, 2014)
  9. The percentage of companies optimizing email for mobile devices increased by 22% in 2014. (Adestra)
  10. The two most popular ways companies are optimizing for mobile are 1. using a simple template that works for all devices (52%) and 2. creating a mobile responsive email template (39%). (Adestra)
  11. 68% of companies have integrated mobile marketing into their overall marketing strategy. (Salesforce)
  12. 71% of marketers believe mobile marketing is core to their business. (Salesforce)
  13. 58% of companies surveyed have a dedicated mobile marketing team. (Salesforce)
  14. Google says 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead. (MicKinsey & Company)
  15. Pinterest is the most mobile social network and 64% of its referred traffic comes from either smartphones or tablet devices. (Mobile Marketing Watch)
  16. By 2019, mobile advertising will represent 72% of all US digital ad spending. (Marketing Land)
  17. In 2014, smartphones accounted for over 33% of all online traffic compared to tablets at  just over 12%. (Marketing Land)
  18. Mobile email opens have grown by 180% in the last three years. (Email Monday)
  19. 79% of people surveyed use their smartphone for reading email — a higher percentage than those who used it for making calls. (Email Monday)
  20. 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important. (Wolfgang Jaegel)
  21. 91% of mobile users say that access to content is very important. (Wolfgang Jaegel)
  22. Average smartphone conversion rates are up 64% compared to the average desktop conversion rates. (CMS Report)
  23. 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. (CMS Report)
  24. 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
  25. 83% of B2B marketers said mobile apps were important to content marketing.
  26. 48% of millennials view video solely on their mobile device. (Source)
  27. Mobile will likely account for 50% of all digital ad spend in 2016 (worth $100B). (Source)
  28. By 2018, 8 in 10 email users will likely access their email accounts exclusively from their mobile devices (emailmonday)
  29. 40% Of Mobile Searches Have Local Intent (Google Mobile Moments Study)
  30. 70% Of Consumers Delete Emails Immediately That Don’t Render Well On A Mobile Device (Blue Hornet)
  31. Mobile Offers are Redeemed 10x More Frequently Than Print Offers (eMarketer)


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.